↓ Register or Login to Post ↓

Notifications
Clear all

recording my music  

RSS
old cowboy
(@old-cowboy)
Eminent Member

Can any of you guys tell me what you use to record yourself? I used to use the old boombox players. But they are just about a thing of the past now. I know nothing about all this modern day digital stuff. Any suggestions for something that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg? And that is fairly simple to use.

Posted : February 11, 2020 9:06 pm
MoonShadows
(@moonshadows)
Admin Admin

If you have an iphone or ipad, you can download a free app called Voice Record Pro. In the settings of this app there will be a link that you can open on your computer and download the songs. I have used this and the quality is not bad at all.

voice record pro

I also have a Zoom Q2n which I bought for about $130. This little device records audio or audio/video and can be connected right to your computer.

Do you have a microphone built into your computer? Your computer should have software that will allow you to record yourself. If you don't have a mic, there are plenty of "plug-n-play" microphones that are not all that expensive. Of course, you'll need to do your homework. Some are better than others for music.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 2:56 am
old cowboy
(@old-cowboy)
Eminent Member

@moonshadows Thanks for the info. I got left behind in the technology world. I will definitely look into that Zoom Qn2 thing. I have a smart tv and can hook my computer to it. I should be able to figure all this stuff out with the help of my grandkids!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 6:08 am
old cowboy
(@old-cowboy)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the info Jim. I am going to look into that Zoom QN2 device. Sounds good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 6:11 am
MoonShadows
(@moonshadows)
Admin Admin

I learned about the Q2N from someone in the Fiddlerman forum. I'm not all that tech savvy either, but it is pretty straight forward. The problem is I don't use it enough (don't like recording myself), so each time I use it, I have to refresh my memory with the directions.

They also have some helpful videos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 6:26 am
Share: